- 2 Heaped tablespoons of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (See our Jerk Marinade recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 4 Salmon fillets
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ Red cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 Firm but ripe mango, skin removed, thinly sliced
- 1 Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- Small bunch coriander, leaves picked
The Sticky Salmon…
Mix the jerk marinade and 1 tablespoon honey together in a bowl and season the salmon. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
Heat the broiler on high. Place the salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking tray and brush all over with the sauce.
Cook on the top shelf for 3 minutes and then flip for another 3 minutes. This should produce a medium finish. If you want well done, cook longer.
The Mango Slaw…
Put the remaining honey, lime juice and some seasoning in a large bowl and mix together. Add the red cabbage, mango, pepper, spring onions and coriander, and toss through the dressing.
Serve the salmon on a pile of the slaw. Serves 4.