Nicole’s Table: Lemony Chickpea Salad Recipe
This salad can be a perfect side to some dishes (such as grilled lemon garlic chicken) or provided as a main since the chickpeas are a good source of protein. Whether you are a vegetarian or not, I find this salad to be very filling and satisfying. Give it a try and let me know what you think on my Nicole's Table Facebook page
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley,chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Small clove garlic, minced
- A pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and red pepper. Toss in the chickpeas, cover.
Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature.