The Dry Seasoning…
- 2 Tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 4 Teaspoons ground thyme
- 4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Teaspoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Teaspoons dried chives or green onion
Place all the seasoning in a bowl and mix to blend. Use sparingly until you’ve figured out how spicy your seasoning is. You can store any leftover seasoning in an airtight container. What you don’t use, you can put in a jar and save for another time.
- 1 Red onion, ½ grated and ½ finely chopped
- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons jerk seasoning (to taste)
- 2 Tomatoes
- Lettuce, tomatoes and burger buns, to serve
Mix together the grated and chopped onion, ground beef and jerk seasoning in a large bowl, then shape into 4 evenly sized 8 oz patties. Heat a non-stick frying pan till hot, then cook the burgers for 5-6 mins each side. Set aside to rest.
- 4 Very large potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chips, pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F. S crub the potatoes and cut into chips and let them soak in cool water for 20 minutes. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, season and toss to coat. Bake for 10 mins and then flip them and then bake 10 minutes or to your taste.
The Pineapple Salsa…
I am a taking the easy way out and just providing the link to the salsa here since I know it goes well with chips. You can find the recipe for the salsa here on my site.