- 1/3 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tspn baking powder
- 1/2 Tspn kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 Tspn ground black pepper
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 2 Cups grilled corn (or if you don’t want to grill yours you can use regular corn kernels)
- Vegetable oil
In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add milk and mix together with a wooden spoon until thick and thoroughly mixed through. Add the grilled corn and mix well with the flour mixture until all the kernels are well-coated.
Heat up a skillet over medium high heat and add some vegetable oil to the pan.
Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop corn mixture out and place into the skillet, gently pressing the mound down so it’s flattened. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, or until it’s browned, flip, and cook another 5 minutes, or until it’s browned. Remove and repeat for all the other corn fritters.
Source: Table for Two.