- 2 Pounds of chicken (We used skinless/boneless thighs)
- 10 Seasoned peppers (or 1 bell pepper)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable, coconut or olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons white sugar
- 4 Ounces tomato paste
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 Bulb of garlic, chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced
- ½ Cup of coconut milk
- Salt to taste
Cut chicken into small pieces and season with salt, garlic, onion, and seasoned peppers. Let chicken marinate for 30 minutes or more. Overnight is best.
In a large pot, heat oil, add sugar, and brown for 3 minutes or until brown. Add chicken and tomato paste and coconut milk.
Cover and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.