A Typical Menu
- Cocktails : A local juice and Nicole's Old Fashioned Rum Punch
- Appetizer : Coconut Crisps and Green Plantain Chips with Pineapple Salsa
- Main Course : Jerk Chicken (or Tofu for vegetarians) with Grilled Pineapple, Sweet Plantain Tostones, Red Beans and Rice in Coconut Milk, and a Garden Salad
- Dessert : Coconut Custard Tart
- NOTE: This sample menu can vary based on the season, availability and requests.
All About Jerk Cooking Class
Jerk cooking is an authentic Jamaican way to cook meat. Whether it is pork, chicken, beef or fish, the meat is cooked over an open fire or on a barbecue grill.
The seasoning is made up of local/regional spices like scallions, onion, thyme, pimento (all spice), cinnamon, nutmeg, peppers and salt. The first taste of jerked food is hot with pepper, and as you eat the flavors of all he other spices mingle in your mouth giving an explosion of flavor. It is for this reason why all the other islands have adopted Jerk.
Jerk is now viewed as a regional food, and everyone has their own special recipe to make jerk seasoning.
In Nicole’s class, Nicole will introduce visitors to all the jerk spices, provide history about jerk, and discuss the various ways jerk seasoning can be used to give your food its own West Indian style when you return home.
We are operating under COVID rules with limited capacity. Private classes can be arranged at any time.
Masks, and frequent hand washing, are required while in our home, but do not need to be worn when outside.
Please let us know if you have any allergies or food sensitivities and contact us if you have any questions.