A Typical Menu
- Cocktails : A local juice and Nicole's Old Fashioned Rum Punch
- Appetizer : Coconut Crisps and Plantain Chips
- Main Course : Abby's West Indian Curry, Dhal Puri Roti, Roasted Pumpkin and Spinach Cooked in Coconut Milk
- Dessert : Individual Coconut Custard Tarts
- NOTE: This sample menu can vary based on the season, availability and requests.
Coordinating Curry Cooking Class
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE YOU BOOK SINCE OUR CLASS SCHEDULE HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY CHANGES DUE TO COVID.
It is believed that curry came to the Caribbean with the indentured servants after slavery was abolished. The influence of curry on Caribbean cuisine is huge. Each island has their own special blend of spices to make up a wonderful pot of stew. Many debates have been held in kitchens as to which island has the best curry… But everyone agrees that curry and roti is one of those comfort foods that people crave after being off the island for a while.
In our Coordinating Curry class, Nicole explores all the many faces of curry while she creates a meal that fuses a little of the old styles with some newer Western flavors. Visitors will learn about the history of curry, its health value, and short cuts that can be used to create various curry based meals. The goal will be to make it easy for visitors to go home and cook the same menu whenever they wish.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions when booking, please contact us. We would rather answer your questions than miss out meeting you as our guest. 🙂