A Typical Menu [CLASS CLOSED]
- Cocktails : Nicole's Old Fashioned Rum Punch along with an "Around the Islands" rum sampler
- Appetizer : Sweet Potato Soup with Rum
- Main Course : Rum and Brown Sugar Marinated Chicken Thighs with Onion Jam (and/or Jerk Chicken in a Honey Rum Glaze), Plantains Wrapped in Bacon, Red Beans and Rice, and a Garden Salad
- Dessert : Bread Pudding with Rum Soaked Raisins and a Butter Rum Sauce OR a Butter Rum Cake
- NOTE: This sample menu can vary based on the season, availability and requests.
Cooking with Rum Cooking Class [CLOSED]
WE ARE CLOSED AS WE WORK THROUGH COVID ADJUSTMENTS. THANK YOU AND PLEASE STAY SAFE.
The history of rum starts in the Caribbean around the 17th century. Cooking with Rum talks about the history and influence of rum on the Caribbean, its culture and its cuisine.
Various rums will be present for tasting and flavoring the foods. Since we are on Antigua, we will start with the island award winning 5-year old English Harbor rum and then move on to three other superb brands from countries such as Barbados, Guatemala, Cuba, Jamaica and Martinique.
The food will introduce our guests to how various rums can be used to flavor foods whether you are using a classic dark rum or a filtered white.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions when booking, please contact us. We would rather answer your questions than miss out meeting you as our guest. 🙂