A Typical Menu
- Cocktails : Nicole's Old Fashioned Rum Punch along with an "Around the Islands" rum sampler
- Appetizer : Sweet Potato Soup with Rum
- Main Course : Rum and Brown Sugar Marinated Chicken Thighs with Onion Jam (and/or Jerk Chicken in a Honey Rum Glaze), Nicole's Tostones, Red Beans and Rice, and a Rainbow Garden Salad
- Dessert : Nicole's Butter Rum Cake OR Bread Pudding with Rum Soaked Raisins and a Butter Rum Sauce
- NOTE: This sample menu can vary based on the season, availability and special requests.
Cooking with Rum Cooking Class
The history of rum starts in the Caribbean around the 17th century. Cooking with Rum talks about the history and influence of rum on the Caribbean, its culture and its cuisine.
Various rums will be present for tasting and flavoring the foods. Since we are on Antigua, we will start with the island award winning 5-year old English Harbor rum and then move on to three other superb brands from countries such as Barbados, Guatemala, Cuba, Jamaica and Martinique.
The food will introduce our guests to how various rums can be used to flavor foods whether you are using a classic dark rum or a filtered white.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We would rather answer your questions than miss out meeting you as our guest. 🙂
We are operating under COVID rules with limited capacity so we might need to consolidate classes if a given day has only 2 people. We ask for your understanding. That said, if you want a private class, one can be arranged at any time via email.
Masks, and frequent hand washing, are required while in our home, but do not need to be worn when outside.
Please let us know if you have any allergies or food sensitivities and contact us if you have any questions.