- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, grated
- A lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp (16/20)
01In a large bowl combine the olive oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, lime zest and juice, red pepper flakes and rum. Mix to blend all the flavors. Add the shrimp and the chopped cilantro leaves, tossing to make sure the all the shrimp is well coated. Cover and set aside to marinade.
02Preheat a charcoal or gas grill. Cook the shrimp on a lightly oiled grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once.
03Serve the shrimp with lime wedges, and crusty bread.